Benefits of waxing:
Unlike shaving, waxing removes the entire hair at the follicle. With consistent waxing, the hair follicle can take up to four weeks to grow back. The hair, which then grows back, will appear much thinner.
Other benefits include the elimination of stubble, reduction in the occurrence of ingrown hairs, and a slowing of the hair growth.
For the best results after your waxing service.
- Exfoliate 24 to 48 hrs. after waxing session to prevent the build up of dead skin cells (which can result in ingrown hairs).
- No sunbathing for 24 hours.
- Bikini waxing can produce a hive like appearance that may last 24 hrs. (though not likely).
- Avoid scented lotions and perfumes, as well as all Alpha Hydroxy products for 48 hours.
- Use a recommended product , such as Tend Skin, or VDF Vanishing Lotion to keep your skin looking smooth and supple.
How should I prepare for a waxing appointment?
If you are seriously concerned about the pain factor, here are some helpful hints.
- Take Advil or Tylenol 30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Clients can take an antacid, such as Tums 10-20 minutes prior to waxing. An antacid can reduce the acid in your system thus reducing sensitivity.
- Ideally, clients should have little or no caffeine in there systems. Caffeine heightens sensitivity.
- Ask your Esthetician about a numbing agent that can be applied to the skin prior to the treatment.
- Waxing during your menstrual cycle is not recommended. During your cycle your body is more sensitive due to hormonal changes, thus causing the treatment to be more painful.
- The hair must be at least ¼ of an inch long or have 3 weeks outgrowth to be removed successfully.
- Please, no sunbathing 48 hrs prior to hair removal.
- Come to your appointment freshly showered and clean of ALL oils and lotions.
- Loofah or gently exfoliate your bikini area prior to your appointment.
What will happen during my appointment?
The client will sign a waiver of liability, detailing all the facts of the waxing procedure.
If in fact you are having any kind of bikini wax, you will be offered options.
- Keep your panties on
- Wear a disposable panty
- Go nude
The Esthetician will cleanse the area with a specially formulated pre-cleansing lotion.
Smooth Operations will then determine which Ciripil European Wax is best suite for your skin type.
The appointment can last anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the area.
The waxing site will then be cleansed of any excess wax, and them cooled down with an aloe gel or tea tree lotion.